This thick, rich soup will stick to your bones but not your hips, thighs or arteries!
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 (1 lb. bag) frozen broccoli stems and pieces
- 3 (10 3/4 oz.) cans 98 % fat-free cream of broccoli soup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 pint fat-free half-and-half
- 4 oz. extra-lean smoked ham, cut into tiny pieces
- crushed red pepper to taste
- diced garlic to taste
- Spray a slow cooker with nonfat cooking spray
- Put into the slow cooker all ingredients and mix well.
- Cover, and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours
Note: Remove the bay leaves before eating.
Yield: 12 (1 cup) servings
Calories: 112; Fat: 3g (18% fat); Cholesterol: 7mg; Carbs: 17g; Dietary Fiber: 3g; Protein: 9g; Sodium: 629mg
Menu Idea: Serve with tossed salad and dinner rolls
~ Carrie A Medford
P.S. I found and modified this recipe in the Busy People’s Slow Cooker Cookbook. You can find it Here.