When everything around you seems to be falling apart, keeping your faith is really the only way to keep going, get through the hardships and break through to better days. In times like this, having the proper mindset is so important. The way you think will certainly determine your level of success, or lack thereof.
When we doubt ourselves, it affects everything we do and leads to continued struggle and many failures. Believing in yourself, though, will enable you to overcome obstacles and allow you to learn from any mistakes you might make along the way.
Next time you’re feeling the pressure of tough times, try these strategies to help you remain steadfast:
1. Reflect on the past. Surely you’ve encountered seemingly insurmountable situations in the past. How have you succeeded in the most unpleasant scenarios? Clearly, your ability to overcome these situations speaks loudly for your strength and abilities.
• In some situations, you may be able to emulate your past solutions by adapting them to fit your current situation. Other times, you’ll be able to learn what not to do from past trials and tribulations.
• The past needn’t dictate your future. It’s possible to reflect without working up old, unresolved feelings. This is a positive exercise. If you begin to feel negative emotions, move onto another technique, which can help you increase self-confidence in your abilities.
2. Act immediately. Rather than retreating into your personal cocoon when a situation becomes intimidating, address it immediately. The longer you allow a situation to sit without attention, the more urgent it will become. A perfect example is debt.
• Avoid cornering yourself with urgency by creating a proactive plan now. Or, better yet, have a just-in-case plan before the event ever happens. It’s okay to take a few hours to create a plan of attack. But, if you’re still brainstorming weeks from today, you may be stalling.
• Only you can be the source of a solution. You are in charge of managing your life and ensuring its success. Take pride in this power. After all, you’re free – no one commands you! Your life is what you make it. And you can use your power to start off on the right foot each and every day.
3. Believe it. You will make it through. You’ve found your way out of a tough situation before. You’ll do it now and again sometime in the future. There is always a way to get your head above the water – always. You’ll get better at it once you gain experience.
• You have a fan base of supporters. Your children, spouse, and extended family are cheering you on every day. Chances are that no one doubts your abilities the way you do. In fact, they have faith in your abilities because you’ve proven your strength time and time again.
• As Bernice Johnson Reagon once said, “Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you; they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.“
• Now is as good of a time as any to show yourself what you’re made of. Confirm to yourself that you’re as strong and tenacious as you suspect yourself to be.
Everyone encounters hard times – it’s simply a part of life. And a very major part of how you will address these hard times is dependent on your mindset and your ability to believe in yourself, even throughout the toughest of times.
Your mindset can be your best friend or your worst enemy. If you allow your mindset to shift into negative territory, you’ll end up with negative results. Remember, you attract the energy you exude!
I challenge you to spend some time every day during September thinking positive thoughts – really concentrating on them. In fact, on my FB Fan Page, I am posting one video a day to help you do just that – just like this one:
Today I Align My Actions With My Expectations!September 2nd! This month I invite you to spend some time every day thinking positive thoughts. Even if it is only for the length of this video! Did you accomplish this yesterday? Give it 30 days and see what happens *wink*. I dare ya!
Posted by Carrie A Medford on Wednesday, September 2, 2015
Stop by to see what’s new, say ‘Hi’ and focus on the positive for 30 days straight. I guarantee it will change your life!
All the best!
~ Carrie A Medford
Connect with me here:
Did you enjoy this post? Did you learn something new or have something to add? I’d love to hear your thoughts! Comment below and tell me what you think!