Since joining Tupperware, I’ve renewed my passion for trying new recipes. Not only do the Tupperware products make it extremely easy to work in the kitchen, they also help get the entire family involved. Add to that my experimentation with fresh whole foods to add lots of yummy goodness to my diet and we’ve got a brand new series here on the blog: New Recipe Sunday! Today we are making:
Grilled Eggplant with Fresh Herbs
Fresh herbs are best with this recipe, but if you don’t have any on hand, you can certainly use their dried counterparts. Just use a pinch of each herb if you’re using dried.
- 1 eggplant
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh thyme, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh oregano, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
How to Make It:
- Cut the eggplant into slices and salt them lightly. Let them sit for about 15 minutes, so the salt can bring out the moisture of the pieces. Wipe them dry with a bit of paper towel.
- Meanwhile, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic herbs, salt and pepper. Let sit to absorb the flavors for about 15 minutes.
- Brush eggplant with oil and herb mixture all over, ensuring that the herbs get distributed well.
- Place on a lightly greased grill and grill for about 15-20 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Toss in with the remaining oil and herb mixture. Then let the flavors blend for about 15 minutes.
The Tupperware products that came in the most handy during the preparation of this mean were the Quick Chef® Pro System and the Mandoline. Of course, our awesome measuring cups and spoons would also be a great addition to your kitchen for all sorts of recipes! You can find all of these and more on my Tupperware website.
If you try this recipe, let me know how you like it!
~ Carrie A Medford
P.S. – If you love to cook, be sure to visit and like my ‘Cooking With Carrie’ Facebook Fan Page where I share all sorts of cooking tips, tricks and secrets!