The word failure is often used to describe a situation in which your desired goals were not realized at a specific point in time. There are many reasons that could have played a part in your goal not being realized and absolutely none of them have to do with your value as a person.
Let’s break down some of the ideas behind unhealthy views of failure and see how taking a more positive approach can help you realize success:
* If you have tried working from home before and didn’t make any money, this doesn’t make you a failure. It simply means that under those specific circumstances, you didn’t have the correct tools, the right training, the correct mindset or the right mentor to help you reach your goals at that particular time.
* What much of the pain stems from when not reaching a desired goal is your attachment to outcomes. If you define your own value and worth as a person by whether or not you make a sports team, you’re setting yourself up for that ugly seven-letter word.
* It is for this same reason that those who value trying their best regardless of the outcome have more confident and unwavering views of themselves.
* You too can have this view when you realize that you’re not responsible for certain outcomes after you do everything in your power to achieve them.
* If you’re not currently doing everything in your power to achieve an outcome, then start doing it today! If you already are, then sit back and relax, taking solace in the understanding that you’re doing everything you can and cannot ask more of yourself.
It may be worthwhile to step back and assess whether or not this is a matter of a deficit in a particular skill set or something in which allowing yourself more time to reach the original goal is all that is needed.
These are the questions that successful people ask themselves when encountering roadblocks to the outcomes that they want to achieve.
As soon as you begin attaching your self worth to these outcomes, you’ll likely be overcome with emotion and less capable of using sound logic to increase your chances of success later down the road.
In order to overcome failure, you must experience a dramatic shift in your outlook on the meaning of failure and success.
No matter how much you want to be an entrepreneur, if the steps that you are capable of taking to bring yourself closer to that goal are limited at this point in time, you’ll be subjecting yourself to a constant state of stress by continually expecting yourself to achieve greater results.
Patience will be your friend in changing your thinking about these fundamental concepts and it is also a virtue that nearly all successful individuals possess in ample amounts.
Remember: Never give up. Keep trying. Do the best you can and focus on the process instead of the outcome. The final result will be success!
To your continued success!
~ Carrie A Medford
P.S. ~ I’ve put together a great report for you full of list building resources 🙂 It’s yours absolutely FREE. Simply click on the ebook to the right to get your hands on it! These resources include links to:
- Affiliate Programs &
- Blog Posts!
Did you enjoy this post? Did you learn something new or have something to add? I’d love to hear your thoughts! Comment below and tell me what you think!