Vegan Focaccia Olive Bread Recipe
If we ever see the process of regular bread making, I am sure most of us will not look towards bread as a healthy alternative any more. The amount of butter/oil and other chemicals that go into making bread soft and increasing its shelf life, do no leave it as a healthy food item any more.
Personally, I get very ill when I eat store bought bread. Not so much when I make it at home.
The recipe below is for a classic focaccia bread with olives. Make this bread and enjoy with a healthy cup of green tea or with soups/stews. It requires basic ingredients and is a very simple recipe to make.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon active yeast
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup warm water(including water required for yeast)
- ¼ cup olives, sliced
- 4-6 springs of rosemary
- salt to taste
- Put warm water in a cup and add sugar over water and stir in yeast.
- Let it stand for about 10 minutes, or until it begins to bubble.
- Knead the dough with flour, oil (2tbsp), yeast, baking powder, water and salt.
- Add extra flour as needed to keep from sticking to hands and board.
- Place the dough in a well-oiled vessel and cover with a cloth/plastic wrap.
6. Allow the dough to double in size for about 1 hour.
7. Punch down the dough; place it in a well-oiled baking tin.
8. Place the olive slices on top of the bread and punch down each olive.
9. Sprinkle rosemary on top of the dough.
10. Sprinkle 2 tablespoon oil on top of the bread.
11. Allow the dough to rise for about 20 minutes.
12. Bake at 190 C (or 375 F) for 30-35 minutes or until you get a golden brown crust.
13. Allow to cool on rack.
This bread can be stored in a cool and dark place for 2-3 days.
Preparation time: 60 minutes
P.S. – If you love to cook, entertain, laugh, learn and make friends, please come join my Facebook Group: Around The Dinner Table.
✿ Are you watching your weight? Want to be able to indulge occasionally without guilt? You can with this amazing product: http://livelovelose.EatLessFeelFull.com
✿ Do you struggle to get eat enough fruits and veggies to make a difference in your health? Or, do you have picky eaters who won’t eat their veggies? I can help you with that, for sure! Message me on FB at Live Love Lose Bless and let’s chat!